Saturday, November 11, 2006

Roger's Park

I love climbing. I love it like I love my left leg. Today I am fortunate to have had the opportunity to climb at Rogers Park. Rogers park is bouldering area in Central Texas that I believe, is a state treasure. As you drive through Belton, Tx, if you know the right way to get there (It can prove difficult if you havent been there) you will find yourself facing, after the mini-hike, a limestone wall that seems to never end. This wall travels around part of Lake Belton. If you are a climber you will notice holds and edges and slopers everywhere. And if you are not, you will surely be able to have a good time. Thankfully LB has gone down far enough for trees to grow and limestone wall to erode just enough to provide immaculate lines and perfect spots to lay and listen to the water rustle against the shore.
As my friend John and I got started we were almost immediately greeted by three other climbers from Austin who working on something serious. I dont remember the name, I never do, but man it was great to watch. You start on some small hands and feet, and dyno (jump) backwards to a huge hold and then get your ass up. Good times. I feel like everytime I am there I meet someone new, climb something new and come across someone I have met before. That is all. But man, the action, the scene, nature baby, nature.

Love it

2 comments:

Unknown said...

thanks for the comment. do i know you :) ?

Unknown said...

Right, Mountain man! scruffy! No mad! silly me. just been a while. Your almost as bad as a bad girl blogging as much as you do!